Museum built before 1893 as the Ocean Grove Hotel owned and run by Sadie
Orchard and Tom Ying, the Chinaman: Adjacent is Tom Ying’s frame
Victorian house with porch.
Antiques formerly a general store, pool hall, dance hall as part of
the original commercial district.
Site of the
Union hotel that burned in 1904. It was the center of Hillsboro night
Center built in 1923 served as the High School until 1937 and as the
Grade School until 1971.
built in the 1890’s by the Sullivan/Tafoya family is a classic
3 room L shaped adobe.
built in 1892 for all denominations features a semi-circular apse and
a unique chandelier.
built in 1898 in classic Victorian style of black slag bricks made from
Ruins & Jail built in 1896 it was the site of many famous trials
including the Oliver Lee trial for the murder of Albert Fountain and
his son. After the County Seat was moved to Hot Springs the Courthouse
was sold and demolished. The Jail which held many notorious outlaws
was immortalized in many Eugene Manlove Rhodes stories.
built before 1893 is actually two adobe houses joined together. Fran
Dines a local rancher was born here and is mentioned in Eugene Manlove
was built circa 1900 by the manager of the famous Bridal Chamber Mine
in Lake Valley.
owned by the family that maintained the roads in the Hillsboro area
over three generations.
House built in 1894 of adobe with a Victorian façade.
a classic adobe ranch house built between 1893-1898. Home to Sheriff
Victorian adobe houses were built before 1893 have similar floor plans.
The Pink Adobe
built in the 1890’s retains it Italian style. The home to Fred
Mister the owner of the last known operation stage coach line in the
Villa Bed and Breakfast built in the late 1930’s by Sir Victor
Sassoon a Chinese – Indian entrepreneur who was the first non
British Islander to be knighted.
House is actually two houses built before1893 that were joined in the
1920’s. Home to the first Territorial Representative for Sierra
County. A New Mexico Historic Register Site.
built before 1893 was home to a well known banking, ranching and mining
Our Lady of
Guadalupe Catholic Mission reconstructed to original plans after the
The Old Grade
School built before 1893 served as the grade school until 1937 and is
now a private home.
Café built in 1879 is part of a larger structure destroyed in
the 1914 flood. The building has housed a bank, post office, general
store and the Miller Drug Store. It retains the 1890 ambience.
House the first adobe home built was home to the first MD who practiced
well into the 20th century.
Building built before 1893 features a turn of the century Masons hall
on the 2nd floor.
built before 1893 and used as a hospital until 1923 and then as a hotel
originally used as a dance hall and later as the S-Bar-X bar and now
the Barbershop Café.
friendly page >
Pick up Historic HIllsboro A Walking Tour Guide at shops in town.
Back to About Hillsboro
site was created by LanderLand.com
© LanderLand 2003-2007