Hillsboro A Walking Tour Map
Range Museum built before 1893 as the Ocean Grove Hotel owned and run
by Sadie Orchard and Tom Ying, the Chinaman: Adjacent is Tom Ying’s
frame Victorian house with porch.
Antiques formerly a general store, pool hall, dance hall as part of
the original commercial district.
of the Union hotel that burned in 1904. It was the center of Hillsboro
Center built in 1923 served as the High School until 1937 and as the
Grade School until 1971.
House built in the 1890’s by the Sullical/Tafoya family is a classic
3 room L shaped adobe.
Church built in 1892 for all denominations features a semi-circular
apse and a unique chandelier.
House built in 1898 in classic Victorian style of black slag bricks
made from smelter waste.
Ruins & Jail built in 1896 it was the site of many famous trials
including the Oliver Lee trial for the murder of Albert Fountain and
his son. After the County Seat was moved to Hot Springs the Courthouse
was sold and demolished. The Jail which held many notorious outlaws
was immortalized in many Eugene Manlove Rhodes stories.
House built before 1893 is actually two adobe houses joined together.
Fran Dines a local rancher was born here and is mentioned in Eugene
Manlove Rhodes books.
House was built circa 1900 by the manager of the famous Bridal Chamber
Mine in Lake Valley.
Complex owned by the family that maintained the roads in the Hillsboro
area over three generations.
Tirey House built in 1894 of adobe with a Victorian façade.
House a classic adobe ranch house built between 1893-1898. Home to Sheriff
two Victorian adobe houses were built before 1893 have similar floor
Pink Adobe built in the 1890’s retains it Italian style. The home
to Fred Mister the owner of the last known operation stage coach line
in the United States.
Villa Bed and Breakfast built in the late 1930’s by Sir Victor
Sassoon a Chinese – Indian entrepreneur who was the first non
British Islander to be knighted.
Tittman House is actually two houses built before1893 that were joined
in the 1920’s. Home to the first Territorial Representative for
Sierra County. A New Mexico Historic Register Site.
House built before 1893 was home to a well known banking, ranching and
Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Mission reconstructed to original plans after
the 1972 flood.
Old Grade School built before 1893 servedas the grade school until 1937
and is now a private home.
Store Café built in 1879 is part of a larger structure destroyed
in the 1914 flood. The building has housed a bank, post office, general
store and the Miller Drug Store. It retains the 1890 ambience.
Crews House the first adobe home built was home to the first MD who
practiced well into the 20th century.
Office/Masons Building built before 1893 features a turn of the century
Masons hall on the 2nd floor.
Hotel/Hospital built before 1893 and used as a hospital until 1923 and
then as a hotel and café.
originally used as a dance hall and later as the S-Bar-X bar and now
the Barbershop Café.
site was created by LanderLand.com
© LanderLand 2003-2007